Why did you fail to extend Vietnam visa? Due to the safety of residents and tourists in Vietnam, the Government has stiffened immigration rules. As a result, visa extension becomes more difficult if foreigners do not meet the requirements of Immigration Department.
Some common mistakes foreigners often make are summarized by Trangvisa in this part.
1. List of errors
– Applying the visa extension document too late – you should apply the procedures before your visa expires at least 3 days.
– Your reason of immigrating is different from the reason you gave for the current visa.
– Your information is inaccurate or misleading.
* The plan of study, travel or job is incorrect. For example, you want to study in Vietnam but your school hasn’t accepted your application.
* Your name on all papers isn’t the same. Your partners’ documents do not match yours?
* You sent the fake profile.
– You don’t provide enough information relating your relatives, or other partners.
– You don’t do correctly steps of the process
– Other issues:
* Your school, or company, sends the moral criticism.
* You have financial problems in the workplace
* You have travel plans or personal works and you’re fined more than once for social issues.
2. The visa extension may be denied if your purpose is different from the current symbol of Vietnam visa
a) You can not apply for changing the visa symbol
If your Vietnam visa has DL symbol, your immigration goal is traveling. However, when you want to extend the visa for the job, you need a visa DN type. In that case, your application will be canceled, and then if you still want to be in Vietnam for working, you have to leave from Vietnam’s exit and apply for a new visa with a different kind.
b) Your visa belongs to the banned extension.
Your visa can’t be extended because it has SQ symbol. Thus, you have to come to Vietnam’s exit and register a new type of visa.
c) Types of Vietnam visa can be applied for an extension
– Symbols DN and NN3 and visa documents include the company’s introduction letter.
– Symbol DL or the case you are free from visa, you can request an international travel company to finish the application.
– Symbol VR, TT that means your goal is meeting the relatives. You have to require their assurance paper or other required information.
You can learn more about the symbols of Vietnam visa for foreigners, if you can not apply for the visa extension and want to change to another type.
2. Steps of the visa extension
Step 1: Fill out the application form is provided at the Immigration Administration office. Do not use a hand-written template or other samples.
Step 2: Apply the required papers (you can refer to Important information of the Vietnam visa extension for foreigners). Depending on each type of visas you need to add some other documents.
Step 3: Apply at the Immigration Department in the city you are staying and follow requirements of the employees.
Step 4: After at least 5 working days you will receive a new visa extension.
Before sending the application, make sure that you have carefully reviewed the steps above to complete the Vietnam visa extension quickly.
This article includes important information about the application of Vietnam visa extension for foreigners. In which case, you can get the new one? What does the profile include? Where can you complete the application? When do you receive the new visa extension? You’ll find answers below.
1. The types and symbols of Vietnam visa
Before applying for visa extensions, you should make sure which group your visa belongs to:
The group can be extended
– Visa with symbols NN3 or DN: you need an introduction letter of the company where you’re working.
– Your visa has the sign DL or you are the subject of entry without the visa, you should contact your international travel agencies to complete the procedures.
– If your visa has the sign VR or TT, you can apply for an extension following the standard process.
The group can’t be extended
– You want to change the symbol of the visa. For example, the sign visa DL, that means you want to travel in Vietnam. But you wanted visa is for work in the future, so you need the visa symbol DN, then your application will be denied. In this case, you must come to Vietnam’s exit to apply for a new visa with the appropriate symbol.
– If the visa symbol SQ, you can not extend your visa.
In case you want to register for a new visa quickly, affordably and conveniently, you can come to Moc Bai entrance to complete the request.
If you do not know about the visa symbol, you can learn about Vietnam visa for foreigners.
2. Where and when to apply for the Vietnam visa extension
After completing the required document, you should follow these notes to finish the visa extension procedures for foreigners:
– You can apply at the Immigration Department in the city where you’re staying.
– If you are in Ho Chi Minh city, go to the address 196 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai.
– The staff will receive applications during the working hours.
– Time to complete the process is five working days.
3. The documents required to apply for an extension
You need to bring all required papers, depending on the visa symbol, to not be delayed or denied.
– A photocopy of the passport
– Temporary residence registration form
– Immigration registration application
If you have a visa DN or NN3, you need to submit some other documents:
– A photocopy of the certification of investment powers
– A photocopy of the certificate of registration from your company with their signature.
– NA5 application with the signature of the company
– The company’s introduction letter.
4. The other policies:
– If a foreigner helps another foreigner apply for the Vietnam visa extension, he has to contact the agency or other guarantors to register. Those guarantors must send a visa extension application attaching with the applier’s visa, passport to the Immigration Department.
– If you want to apply for a visa extension because of personal interests, you can follow the standard procedure and apply the form by yourself.
– If you apply for visiting relatives, medical treatment, marriage, adoption … the form must be certified by the authority in the local where you’re staying.
After reviewing all these steps and information, you can success for a visa extension application. If you don’t have time to do, you can ask the assistant at the international travel company, the Vietnam visa services for foreigners, or service companies for the Law of Immigration.
The Vietnamese Government has decided to extend visa exemptions for tourists if one of the following situations is applicable to them:
Tourists from this list of countries and regions:
- APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) holders may visit Vietnam for less than 60 days.
- For husbands/wives and children of Vietnamese citizens or overseas Vietnamese, you are probably granted certificate of visa exemption valid for 5 years if submitting the documents listed below at the local embassy:
- A completed copy of application form for visa exemption
- 02 recent passport photos (taken in color, white background, face looks straight at the camera, no head coverings or sunglasses)
- Original passport valid for 6 months after the intended trip, plus one copy to file
- Documents supporting the relationship between you and your wife/husband/parents such as marriage certificate, birth certificate, documents showing family recognition of your relationship (one copy is required)
- Other valid documents as regulated by Vietnamese Law.
Time required for the issuance of exemption certificate is around 7 days after the receipt of application.
- For children below 14 years old who travel on the same passport with their parent, the visa exemption paper is attached to their parents ’passport.
- There might be changes which are not kept updating immediately on our website so please contact us for the right information.
Visitors in Vietnam now have a chance to extend the stay in Vietnam by visa extension and renewal. Visa extension or renewals belongs to your current visa.
Extending Vietnam visa must be applied some days before your visa expired date. It takes 7 working days to finish as submitting your passport and requirement at Vietnam Immigration Department Office.
You are allowed to stay more in Vietnam without re-entering. If you leave Vietnam and wish to come back, you must apply new visa. Hence the extension fee is much cheaper than renewal fee.
In order to apply visa extension, your current visa has to meet some requirements of Vietnam Immigration Department.
Your current visa type has to be correspondent to your staying extending requirement.
- Stay in 1 more month: If your current visa is 1 month single, 1 month multiple, 3 month single or 3 month multiple entry visa, you are allowed apply to extend visa in 1 more month.
- Stay in 3 more months: If your current visa is 3 month single or 3 month multiple entry visa, you can apply to extend visa in 3 more months
You are granted a new visa stamp and visa sticker on your passport with the new duration permission. The staying length is valid maximum in 3 months. Moreover the visa renewal fee is higher than the visa extension fee because we have to pay stamping fee and visa sticker fee for you. Visa renewal is ready for someone who:
– Entered Vietnam with visa exemption.
– Has current visa is not correspondent to your staying extending requirement.
- If you would like to upgrade your current visa from 1 month to 3 month, you have to apply to renew 3 month single entry or 3 month multiple entry.
- If you would like to upgrade your current visa from single entry to multiple entry, you have to apply to renew visa.