Why did you fail to extend Vietnam visa? Due to the safety of residents and tourists in Vietnam, the Government has stiffened immigration rules. As a result, visa extension becomes more difficult if foreigners do not meet the requirements of Immigration Department.
Some common mistakes foreigners often make are summarized by Trangvisa in this part.
1. List of errors
– Applying the visa extension document too late – you should apply the procedures before your visa expires at least 3 days.
– Your reason of immigrating is different from the reason you gave for the current visa.
– Your information is inaccurate or misleading.
* The plan of study, travel or job is incorrect. For example, you want to study in Vietnam but your school hasn’t accepted your application.
* Your name on all papers isn’t the same. Your partners’ documents do not match yours?
* You sent the fake profile.
– You don’t provide enough information relating your relatives, or other partners.
– You don’t do correctly steps of the process
– Other issues:
* Your school, or company, sends the moral criticism.
* You have financial problems in the workplace
* You have travel plans or personal works and you’re fined more than once for social issues.
2. The visa extension may be denied if your purpose is different from the current symbol of Vietnam visa
a) You can not apply for changing the visa symbol
If your Vietnam visa has DL symbol, your immigration goal is traveling. However, when you want to extend the visa for the job, you need a visa DN type. In that case, your application will be canceled, and then if you still want to be in Vietnam for working, you have to leave from Vietnam’s exit and apply for a new visa with a different kind.
b) Your visa belongs to the banned extension.
Your visa can’t be extended because it has SQ symbol. Thus, you have to come to Vietnam’s exit and register a new type of visa.
c) Types of Vietnam visa can be applied for an extension
– Symbols DN and NN3 and visa documents include the company’s introduction letter.
– Symbol DL or the case you are free from visa, you can request an international travel company to finish the application.
– Symbol VR, TT that means your goal is meeting the relatives. You have to require their assurance paper or other required information.
You can learn more about the symbols of Vietnam visa for foreigners, if you can not apply for the visa extension and want to change to another type.
2. Steps of the visa extension
Step 1: Fill out the application form is provided at the Immigration Administration office. Do not use a hand-written template or other samples.
Step 2: Apply the required papers (you can refer to Important information of the Vietnam visa extension for foreigners). Depending on each type of visas you need to add some other documents.
Step 3: Apply at the Immigration Department in the city you are staying and follow requirements of the employees.
Step 4: After at least 5 working days you will receive a new visa extension.
Before sending the application, make sure that you have carefully reviewed the steps above to complete the Vietnam visa extension quickly.
This article includes important information about the application of Vietnam visa extension for foreigners. In which case, you can get the new one? What does the profile include? Where can you complete the application? When do you receive the new visa extension? You’ll find answers below.
1. The types and symbols of Vietnam visa
Before applying for visa extensions, you should make sure which group your visa belongs to:
The group can be extended
– Visa with symbols NN3 or DN: you need an introduction letter of the company where you’re working.
– Your visa has the sign DL or you are the subject of entry without the visa, you should contact your international travel agencies to complete the procedures.
– If your visa has the sign VR or TT, you can apply for an extension following the standard process.
The group can’t be extended
– You want to change the symbol of the visa. For example, the sign visa DL, that means you want to travel in Vietnam. But you wanted visa is for work in the future, so you need the visa symbol DN, then your application will be denied. In this case, you must come to Vietnam’s exit to apply for a new visa with the appropriate symbol.
– If the visa symbol SQ, you can not extend your visa.
In case you want to register for a new visa quickly, affordably and conveniently, you can come to Moc Bai entrance to complete the request.
If you do not know about the visa symbol, you can learn about Vietnam visa for foreigners.
2. Where and when to apply for the Vietnam visa extension
After completing the required document, you should follow these notes to finish the visa extension procedures for foreigners:
– You can apply at the Immigration Department in the city where you’re staying.
– If you are in Ho Chi Minh city, go to the address 196 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai.
– The staff will receive applications during the working hours.
– Time to complete the process is five working days.
3. The documents required to apply for an extension
You need to bring all required papers, depending on the visa symbol, to not be delayed or denied.
– A photocopy of the passport
– Temporary residence registration form
– Immigration registration application
If you have a visa DN or NN3, you need to submit some other documents:
– A photocopy of the certification of investment powers
– A photocopy of the certificate of registration from your company with their signature.
– NA5 application with the signature of the company
– The company’s introduction letter.
4. The other policies:
– If a foreigner helps another foreigner apply for the Vietnam visa extension, he has to contact the agency or other guarantors to register. Those guarantors must send a visa extension application attaching with the applier’s visa, passport to the Immigration Department.
– If you want to apply for a visa extension because of personal interests, you can follow the standard procedure and apply the form by yourself.
– If you apply for visiting relatives, medical treatment, marriage, adoption … the form must be certified by the authority in the local where you’re staying.
After reviewing all these steps and information, you can success for a visa extension application. If you don’t have time to do, you can ask the assistant at the international travel company, the Vietnam visa services for foreigners, or service companies for the Law of Immigration.