The Vietnamese Government has decided to extend visa exemptions for tourists if one of the following situations is applicable to them:
Tourists from this list of countries and regions:
- APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) holders may visit Vietnam for less than 60 days.
- For husbands/wives and children of Vietnamese citizens or overseas Vietnamese, you are probably granted certificate of visa exemption valid for 5 years if submitting the documents listed below at the local embassy:
- A completed copy of application form for visa exemption
- 02 recent passport photos (taken in color, white background, face looks straight at the camera, no head coverings or sunglasses)
- Original passport valid for 6 months after the intended trip, plus one copy to file
- Documents supporting the relationship between you and your wife/husband/parents such as marriage certificate, birth certificate, documents showing family recognition of your relationship (one copy is required)
- Other valid documents as regulated by Vietnamese Law.
Time required for the issuance of exemption certificate is around 7 days after the receipt of application.
- For children below 14 years old who travel on the same passport with their parent, the visa exemption paper is attached to their parents ’passport.
- There might be changes which are not kept updating immediately on our website so please contact us for the right information.
Visitors in Vietnam now have a chance to extend the stay in Vietnam by visa extension and renewal. Visa extension or renewals belongs to your current visa.
Extending Vietnam visa must be applied some days before your visa expired date. It takes 7 working days to finish as submitting your passport and requirement at Vietnam Immigration Department Office.
You are allowed to stay more in Vietnam without re-entering. If you leave Vietnam and wish to come back, you must apply new visa. Hence the extension fee is much cheaper than renewal fee.
In order to apply visa extension, your current visa has to meet some requirements of Vietnam Immigration Department.
Your current visa type has to be correspondent to your staying extending requirement.
- Stay in 1 more month: If your current visa is 1 month single, 1 month multiple, 3 month single or 3 month multiple entry visa, you are allowed apply to extend visa in 1 more month.
- Stay in 3 more months: If your current visa is 3 month single or 3 month multiple entry visa, you can apply to extend visa in 3 more months
You are granted a new visa stamp and visa sticker on your passport with the new duration permission. The staying length is valid maximum in 3 months. Moreover the visa renewal fee is higher than the visa extension fee because we have to pay stamping fee and visa sticker fee for you. Visa renewal is ready for someone who:
– Entered Vietnam with visa exemption.
– Has current visa is not correspondent to your staying extending requirement.
- If you would like to upgrade your current visa from 1 month to 3 month, you have to apply to renew 3 month single entry or 3 month multiple entry.
- If you would like to upgrade your current visa from single entry to multiple entry, you have to apply to renew visa.