Why did you fail to extend Vietnam visa? Due to the safety of residents and tourists in Vietnam, the Government has stiffened immigration rules. As a result, visa extension becomes more difficult if foreigners do not meet the requirements of Immigration Department.
Some common mistakes foreigners often make are summarized by Trangvisa in this part.
1. List of errors
– Applying the visa extension document too late – you should apply the procedures before your visa expires at least 3 days.
– Your reason of immigrating is different from the reason you gave for the current visa.
– Your information is inaccurate or misleading.
* The plan of study, travel or job is incorrect. For example, you want to study in Vietnam but your school hasn’t accepted your application.
* Your name on all papers isn’t the same. Your partners’ documents do not match yours?
* You sent the fake profile.
– You don’t provide enough information relating your relatives, or other partners.
– You don’t do correctly steps of the process
– Other issues:
* Your school, or company, sends the moral criticism.
* You have financial problems in the workplace
* You have travel plans or personal works and you’re fined more than once for social issues.
2. The visa extension may be denied if your purpose is different from the current symbol of Vietnam visa
a) You can not apply for changing the visa symbol
If your Vietnam visa has DL symbol, your immigration goal is traveling. However, when you want to extend the visa for the job, you need a visa DN type. In that case, your application will be canceled, and then if you still want to be in Vietnam for working, you have to leave from Vietnam’s exit and apply for a new visa with a different kind.
b) Your visa belongs to the banned extension.
Your visa can’t be extended because it has SQ symbol. Thus, you have to come to Vietnam’s exit and register a new type of visa.
c) Types of Vietnam visa can be applied for an extension
– Symbols DN and NN3 and visa documents include the company’s introduction letter.
– Symbol DL or the case you are free from visa, you can request an international travel company to finish the application.
– Symbol VR, TT that means your goal is meeting the relatives. You have to require their assurance paper or other required information.
You can learn more about the symbols of Vietnam visa for foreigners, if you can not apply for the visa extension and want to change to another type.
2. Steps of the visa extension
Step 1: Fill out the application form is provided at the Immigration Administration office. Do not use a hand-written template or other samples.
Step 2: Apply the required papers (you can refer to Important information of the Vietnam visa extension for foreigners). Depending on each type of visas you need to add some other documents.
Step 3: Apply at the Immigration Department in the city you are staying and follow requirements of the employees.
Step 4: After at least 5 working days you will receive a new visa extension.
Before sending the application, make sure that you have carefully reviewed the steps above to complete the Vietnam visa extension quickly.