Visitors in Vietnam now have a chance to extend the stay in Vietnam by visa extension and renewal. Visa extension or renewals belongs to your current visa.
Extending Vietnam visa must be applied some days before your visa expired date. It takes 7 working days to finish as submitting your passport and requirement at Vietnam Immigration Department Office.
You are allowed to stay more in Vietnam without re-entering. If you leave Vietnam and wish to come back, you must apply new visa. Hence the extension fee is much cheaper than renewal fee.
In order to apply visa extension, your current visa has to meet some requirements of Vietnam Immigration Department.
Your current visa type has to be correspondent to your staying extending requirement.
- Stay in 1 more month: If your current visa is 1 month single, 1 month multiple, 3 month single or 3 month multiple entry visa, you are allowed apply to extend visa in 1 more month.
- Stay in 3 more months: If your current visa is 3 month single or 3 month multiple entry visa, you can apply to extend visa in 3 more months
You are granted a new visa stamp and visa sticker on your passport with the new duration permission. The staying length is valid maximum in 3 months. Moreover the visa renewal fee is higher than the visa extension fee because we have to pay stamping fee and visa sticker fee for you. Visa renewal is ready for someone who:
– Entered Vietnam with visa exemption.
– Has current visa is not correspondent to your staying extending requirement.
- If you would like to upgrade your current visa from 1 month to 3 month, you have to apply to renew 3 month single entry or 3 month multiple entry.
- If you would like to upgrade your current visa from single entry to multiple entry, you have to apply to renew visa.